By Annette Kora – EMTV News, Port Moresby
Following the recent swearing in of Papua New Guinea’s 8th Prime Minister, James Marape yesterday at government house; earlier this evening saw a seven-man caretaker cabinet taking their oaths of office before Governor-General, Sir Bob Dadae.
These nine Members of Parliament who will be working alongside Prime Minister James Marape includes:
- Solan Mirisim who will be caretaker Minister to Foreign Affairs, Defence, Commerce & Industry, Fisheries and Forest;
- Richard Maru as caretaker for Finance, Petroleum & Energy, Inter-government Relations and Community Development;
- Sam Basil as caretaker for National Planning, Health, Housing, Communication, and Information and Higher Education;
- Johnson Tuke as caretaker for Mining, Transport, Culture & Tourism, Correctional Service and Environment Conservation & Climate Change;
- Steven Davis is caretaker for Justice & Attorney General, Labour & Industrial Relations, Agriculture & Livestock and Lands & Physical Planning;
- Michael Nali as caretaker for Works, Bougainville Affairs and Immigration & Border Security;
- Charles Abel as caretaker for Treasury, Education, and Police.
The Prime Minister himself will oversee Public Service and Public Enterprise & State investments.
Prime Minister Marape says hopefully towards the end of next week, a full cabinet line-up should be announced.
The caretaker cabinet will oversee the country’s affairs until the next sitting which will be towards the end of next month where portfolios will be given to caretaker ministers soon.
Source : EMTV