Home Papua New Guinea Fewer people involved in sorcery-related killing: MP

Fewer people involved in sorcery-related killing: MP

by melanin
0 comment
RAICOAST MP Peter Sapia
April 23, 2018 
RAICOAST MP Peter Sapia

RAICOAST MP Peter Sapia


RAICOAST MP Peter Sapia says only a few people were involved in sorcery-related killings in Nahu-Rawa after efforts by churches and community leaders to restore peace.
Sapia, pictured, said the small group continued to kill people they accused of practising sorcery.
Sapia was referring to the killing of two men on April 10 near the church ground forcing the closure of the Ranara Primary School.
He said the first step towards peace in Nahu-Rawa was the surrender ceremony held between the Hausman and the Suspects factions at Ramu Township in February last year.
However, there were four more killings this year while they were waiting for funds to hold the reconciliation ceremony.
There were two killings at Tauta station and Sakiko village.
Two brothers from Goiro village in Rawa II had been identified to have started the killings after their father died.
He said most communities have agreed to restore peace.
Sapia has pledged to build rebuild road to link interior areas.
“Otherwise, most communities agreed to restore peace and ensure displaced families are resettled after the reconciliation process” Sapia said.
“A series of meetings was conducted and I have pledged to rebuild the road to Tauta station and link interior areas, and assist displaced people with roofing irons to resettle.”

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

MELANESIA.news

News updates from Melanesian Archipelago and her peoples: direct, open, and as they happen, first-hand from across West Papua, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Vanuatu and Kanaky.

Newsletter

Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Let's stay updated!

Laest News

@2021 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign