𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗪𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗔𝗣𝗨𝗔 (𝗨𝗟𝗠𝗪𝗣)
“MELANESIANS IN WEST PAPUA READY TO RUN OUR NATION-STATE”
In response to current developments in West Papua such as racial discrimination that was responded by Melanesians with widespread demonstrations across Indonesia, mostly supported by Indonesians.
In response to the widespread refusal by youths, women’s groups, churches and grasroos of the extension Special Autonomy Law by Indonesian colonial government for West Papua territory.
In response to the massive and systematic Human Rights Violations escalating across the highlands region of West Papua, dropping of more troops into the region as well as bloodshed that are going on in Nduga, Intan Jaya, Star Mountains and Timika regions
Noticing the socio-political dynamic within West Papua, the provincial and local governments, provincial and local parliaments, NGOs, church groups, pro-democracy groups in Indonesia as well as in West Papua demanding immediate end to humanitarian catastrophe that have been hidden under the carpet, in the names of democracy, development and human rights.
The only demand that the people proposing is internationally supervised referendum for Melanesians in West Papua to determine their political future.
We also take note of current developments across the South Pacific:
- All students and Youth in West Papua are demanding referendum, and refusing the extension of Special Autonomy Package;
- The West Papua Council of Churches are requesting the ULMWP to hold dialogue with Indonesia to end humanitarian crises in West Papua.
- 57 Catholic Priests in West Papua encouraged Indonesia to allow a democratic referendum and not continue with Special Autonomy.
- Pacific Council of Churches expressed concern on human rights situation in West Papua and asked Indonesia to stop killing Melanesians in West Papua.
- Request to Indonesia and the United Nations by Pacific Islands’ Forum’s Secretary-General to allow Human Rights Commissioner of the United Nations to visit West Papua, following up requests in the past years.
The Legislative Committee of United Liberation Movement for West Papua as the legislative body of the Republic of West Papua, based on the above considerations and noting the minute of meeting of the parliament at 03:00AM of October 18, 2020 that endorsed the Provisional Constitution of the Republic of West Papua under the United Liberation Movement for West Papua, we hereby declare
. We support he Melanesians of West Papua refuse the continuation of the Special Autonomy Law No. 21/2001 regarding Special Autonomy for Papua Soil;
. We support the aspiration of the people demanding an internationally-supervised referendum for Melanesians in West Papua;
. The ULMWP Legislative Meeting Endorses:
𝟑.𝟏. The Upgrading of the Legal Status of the United Liberation Movement for West Papua Organisational become a semi-government body..
𝟑.𝟐. Unilaterally endorses and declares the implementation of the Provisional Constitution of the Republic of West Papua across the whole territory of West Papua, which was previously called both Papua and Papua Barat Provinces under Indonesian colonial rule, and the Netherlands New Guinea according to the Dutch colonial law.
𝙋𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙉𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙖𝙮, 𝙒𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙋𝙖𝙥𝙪𝙖 20 October 2020
𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧
𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗪𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗔𝗣𝗨𝗔 (𝗨𝗟𝗠𝗪𝗣) – 𝗞𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗙
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗞. 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜